1. What is the target market (size of company, verticals)? Who do you sell to in the company?
· Microsoft Dynamics offers expansive business opportunities for ISVs by providing superior value to small & medium sized customers as well as large enterprise businesses, enabling them to maximize their IT investment and streamline processes across all areas of their business.
2. Who do we compete against?
· Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle, Sage, Epicor, NetSuite, Intuit, Infor
3. Why does Microsoft win?
· Enable the dynamics partner community to focus on their limited application development resources on addressing high-growth market opportunities—not application infrastructure
· Reduce customer interaction costs with flexible and affordable sales, service and marketing automation.
· Increase user adoption and satisfaction with familiar, easy to use applications, tools and user interfaces.
· Rapidly seize business opportunities with flexible software based on the innovation and value of the Microsoft application platform.
· Earlier in the Partner ecosystem lifecycle so higher channel recruitment
· Mid-market to Enterprise focus
· Vertical relevance is a key buying criteria
· Leading Platform: Microsoft’s proven commitment towards continually improving its products and becoming the leader in new markets makes Microsoft Dynamics a better platform to build software solutions on for a competitive advantage.
· Best of Breed Solutions: Microsoft Dynamics enables ISVs to utilize its advanced base functionality (e.g. multi-currency GL, analytics, SQL, cube generation, multi-language ) to build next generation solutions to retain their installed bases of customers and generate new revenue streams.
4. How many customers does Microsoft have with Dynamics?
· ERP: 300K+ Customers
· CRM: 23K+ Customers / 1,4m users
· No. of MBS selling partners (incl. ISVS): 10K+
5. Do you sell direct and/or indirect? If both, what’s the split in revenue?
· Microsoft’s Sales Strategy is based on a very strong partner ecosystem. Dynamics products are being sold via channel partners directly to customers or indirectly (embedded solution) as part of partner’s vertical IP sold by ISV’s partner channel.
6. What is your partnering strategy?
· Microsoft is deeply committed to a channel-driven strategy. Of the three major ERP vendors, only Microsoft Dynamics is committed to selling through a channel-engaged model. This is demonstrated by the competitive partner business model Microsoft offers, as well as the extensive support provided through resources and tools that help partners offset investments and drive strong business results. Microsoft Business Solutions proactively aligns focused ISVs and VARs by vertical to drive vertical demand and to build vertical references and credibility
7. How many partners do you currently have on the Marketplace? How many do you want?
· Marketplace is available in 29 countries with more than 1,000 partners listed. We want many more!
8. What co-marketing opportunities would we have around the launch?
· Focus marketing investments on industry & vertical market opportunities and high-value partners throughout the partner marketing life-cycle
· Investment in vertical marketing activities, industry Public Relations and Analyst Relations and industry focused advertising that result in higher quality leads
9. High level description of marketing campaigns to promote partners to the install base - on demand and on premise
· We are driving awareness for the Marketplace to existing customers through events like Convergence, our Microsoft websites like Customer Source and through regular communication like newsletter & feeds
· Through-Partner Industry Marketing Campaigns enable ISVs to craft the appropriate campaign execution plan to meet their specific lead-generation goals, timeline, and budget to put together a unique campaign that meets ISVs’ industry needs. Components may include a postcard, direct mail, telesales activity, executive event invitation, or an offer to download or receive a third party white paper. Also included are web components to help to deliver a cost-effective digital marketing campaign for partners.
10. How is the marketplace promoted from within Dynamics UI?
· In-product discoverability of the Marketplace with newest release of Dynamics CRM 2011
· We continue to find additional ways to expose the dynamics marketplace
11. What is the lead flow from the marketplace to the partner?
· We have close to 20K visitors per month growing rapidly and expect to reach 30K visitors within the next 3 weeks.
· Customers can read about the offerings from partners and engage the partner through the Marketplace, either through a web-link leading to the partner website, expose the partner phone number or sending an email. We call this Prospect Generation.
12. What is the lead flow from the marketplace to the partner on a monthly basis – average # of leads sent to partners
· We have just above 10,000 prospect generations per month
13. Additional public information incl. figures
· Microsoft as a whole will invest $9 billion toward R&D
· 7% increase in Microsoft Dynamics Net Revenue in Q2 FY11